2 Arthur Lee Songs on Hendrix Box Set Released in 2010

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 pm
Two songs Arthur wrote are included in the box set titled "West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology" "Everlasting First" recorded at the Olympic studios in London and the song " My Diary" Released in 1964 was written by Arthur Lee, sung by Rosa Lee Brooks & said to be the first known studio song Jimi played on.

By now almost everyone knows Arthur wrote "My Diary' about his girlfriend Anita Billings. Arthur & Anita were in their teens, in love & having a romance when her mother found her diary & put an end to the romance. Anita & Arthur had the same birthday March 7, 1945. That's why the line "Even our birthdays are on the same old day" Arthur also wrote "7&7 Is" with Anita in mind & the song "Message to Pretty" Arthur's name for Anita was ~ Pretty.

Check out the scans of the 45 disc. One is a promotional copy the other was released for sale on the Los Angeles label "Revis Records". The name Arthur Lee is printed below the song title on both discs..

Details about the song appear on page 52 of the biography "Forever Changes: Arthur Lee and the Book of Love" written by John Einarson and released by Jawbone press june 2010

The box set is for sale on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/West-Coast-Seattle-Boy-Collectors/dp/B003YDZV90/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1299743363&sr=1-1

My Diary Written by Arthur Lee.jpg

My Diary Revis Records credits Arthur Lee as writer.jpg